- a gift bag or basket full of magazines related to one of his interests (sports, racecars, architecture, gardening, etc.) You could also include a subscription to one of the magazines to make it a little bit bigger of a gift.
- his favorite treats all put together. I know a lot of guys who would love a big basket of beef jerky, nuts, chips & salsa, and cookies.
- freezer meals for the man who lives alone. This is especially nice for a man (such as a widower) who might be missing homecooked meals.
- all the fixings to make a nice breakfast. We have a friend who cooks breakfast for his kids every Saturday morning, so we bought him pancake mix, a bowl, a spatula, an apron, and some fancy syrups. He loved it!
- wash his car, or give a gift certificate to a car wash place.
- tools or a gift card to a home improvement or auto shop.
- a subscription to netflix or a coupon to a video rental store.
- a gift card to itunes
- a gift card to a favorite restaurant
- a video game or gift certificate to a video game store
- a video game system. Even those who aren’t that into video games, usually enjoy playing on the Nintendo Wii and it’s great for stress relief!
- sporting equipment such as a tennis racket & balls, or a football. A gift certificate to a sporting goods store is another good idea.
- your time and/or service. Is there really a more meaningful gift? Find some way to serve him by doing one of his chores, or spending time with him.
Post by Katie Nelson
With Father’s Day quickly approaching (June 20, 2010) this seems like the perfect time to talk about gifts for guys! I (Katie) not only have Father’s Day to worry about in June, but also my Husband’s, Father’s, and Brother-in-Law’s birthday as well. Yikes! For today’s un-digi, I want to share some fun ideas for gifts for guys:comments powered by Disqus