Spring Break is approaching for many of us in the US. We don’t go somewhere special every year, but we are heading out on a road trip this year! That means it’s time to get the laundry caught up, pull out the suitcases and swimsuits, dig up the car games and look for the big camera.
Speaking of cameras, I may just do this vacation using my iPhone 7 only. With it’s super 2x zoom lens, it makes getting great pictures so much easier. And, if I take all my photos with my phone, that means that I have the opportunity to scrap my vacation while still ON the vacation. Doesn’t that sound amazing? To arrive home with the vacation memories already recorded? It’s going to take a little bit of pre-planning, but here’s what I need to do.
1) Make sure my existing photos are synced up to Google Drive. (For some reason, my photos won’t sync unless I go into the app. I need all my current photos synced so my vacation photos can sync as soon as they are taken.)
2) Pack my iPad, also synced up to Google Drive and Dropbox. Scrapping on the iPad is so much better than the phone! (Check out Steph’s free class on Google Photos.)
3) Purchase a few select kits through the Project Life App. I have a few already, but a new vacation is an excuse for a few new supplies, right?
4) Make sure I have some photo editing apps installed on my iPad (like Over or LetterGlow).
5) Throw a few additional digi kits into Dropbox.
6) Pack my Bullet Journal so I can jot down any bigger stories that might need a full page layout when I get back home.
With all that setup done, I think it’s very doable to scrap one page for each day using the Project Life App. There are so many templates in there (with just a few photos to a ton of photo spots) that I should be able to fit each vacation day into one page.
So that’s my plan! However, there are many ways to scrap a trip or vacation! Here are a few more articles to inspire you as you plan for your vacation memories!
Traveling the World With You
Mini Travel Album
Scrapbooking Travel Preparations
Digi Scrapping Your Travels
Digital Scrapbooking Vacations
Non Album Vacation Album
Scrapbooking My Vacation On My Phone – Before I Get Home – iPhone and Android
Looking for Road Trip Scrapping Inspiration
How To Take A Photograph From A Moving Car