BIO: I’m Jennifer, also called Jen by those who know me. I’ve been married to my high school sweetheart, Tom, for 12 years, and we’ve been together 17. We have 5 sons, ages 13, 10, 6, 4, and 2, and we are eagerly awaiting the arrival of baby #6 in April (our first surprise gender baby). I came to digital scrapbooking because of a love of photography. I had been studying photography with my fancy DSLR for a year before I realized, “What am I going to do with all these great photos?” I stumbled upon digi-scrapping while planning our first vacation to Walt Disney World, and the rest is history. I love completing albums and having tangible photo books for my kids to see. When not scrapbooking or photographing, I’m reading – attempting to complete 1 novel a week this year – and maintaining our crazy household.
5 PRODUCTS I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT:
- Word art – I love easy titles
- Foliage – I love the dimension they give the page
- Templates – Staring at a blank page is intimidating! With so many kids and limited time, I like to be able to create quickly. Templates make it easy for me to complete my goals!
- Shadow Styles – I have around 5 different sets from 5 different designers, and they help create realistic pages that don’t look so static with their shadows
- Kraft papers or other neutrals, especially tone-on-tones
MY STYLE: I think of myself as a storyteller. While I love the very artistic layouts I see, I scrapbook to preserve my family’s memories. So my layouts, though they may vary as far as being simple or clustery, are always telling a story and preserving a memory.
MY SCRAPPING IDOL(S): There are so many I admire! I love perusing galleries, but there’s no one person I follow extensively.
WHY I AM EXCITED TO BE ON THE TEAM: I found the Daily Digi soon after I found digital scrapbooking, and I signed up fairly quickly. I love the challenge of using kits/designers that maybe wouldn’t necessarily appeal to me on first glance, but once I open the kit or template, it surprises me and stretches me as an artist.
MY FAVORITE LAYOUT: I made this layout for my oldest’s last birthday – his 13th. I really
had to coerce him to take those photos, but I know someday he’ll thank
me for them, and for writing down my feelings about him. I actually got
the idea for the title from a TDD blog post!