Layout by Katie. Credits
When I (Katie) told the team here at The Daily Digi that I was going to do a post on scrapping thanks & Thanksgiving, Anne said “We don’t celebrate thanksgiving here in Norway, but I love the idea of a day to give thanks!! Look forward to see the pages and ideas you all have and would love to do something similar with my family. Although we don’t share the historic reason for the holiday, there are still plenty of things to be grateful for none the less.“ I’m so glad for Anne’s perspective on this topic because that is exactly what I want to share here – by scrapping the things you are grateful for, your gratitude will grow. As the holiday season approaches, this is a time of year when many digi scrappers like to take time to reflect on the blessings in their everyday lives.
Make a list of what you are grateful for and turn it into a scrapbook page
Layout by Kim Lund. Supplies: Template by Nettio Designs and Traci Reed. Kit is Splendor by Kristin Cronin-Barrow.
Layout by Jacq – link to credits
Layout by tanyiadeskins – link to credits
Document Your Family Gathering
Supplies: Grateful for Turkey by Tracey Monette, Lovely Layers 1 template by Alissa Jones
Heddy said “ In Canada, we’ve already celebrated our Thanksgiving.” Here are some fun ideas for capturing Thanksgiving:
- If you have little ones in school, make sure to take a picture of their Thanksgiving crafts.
- Take a picture of a meal, served and describe each item. Bonus points for sharing recipes!
- Take a picture of each person at the table or a group shot. In the past, I’ve used a camera set up on a tripod to capture everyone at the table together.
Layout by Rebecca H – link to credits
Layout by Jennyf92 – link to credits
Capture the Food
When we gather together to express our thanks, our tables are usually filled with many special recipes and traditions. Don’t forget to take pictures of the feast!
Layout by Katie – link to credits
Layout by cursivesmile – link to credits
Layout by coila – link to credits
Here are some more resources to help you scrap your thanks and Thanksgiving
- Photographing Your Thanksgiving Feast by Katrina
- November Photo Idea list by Katrina at Capture at Your 365
- Thanksgiving Photo List by Katrina at Capture Your 365
- Thanksgiving 20 journaling prompts by Katie at scrapbookkladypages.com
- Dressing an Autumn Table by Steph
Now I’m ready to give thanks!
P.S. We recorded a new episode of The Digi Show this week with one of our super listeners/readers Ronnie Crowley. Be sure to check it out!