BIO: My name’s Jenn, and I’m a 37 yr. old mother of two adorable little boys (ages 4 & 1), and have been married to the love of my life for almost 10 years. I’m originally from NY, although we’re currently calling Northern Virginia home, while my husband is stationed here with the Army. I stumbled into digital scrapbooking in 2006 shortly after my first son was born, and was instantly hooked. Having a degree in Visual Communications, I was already very comfortable with Photoshop, and it was the perfect way for me to document our memories, without requiring additional space that paper scrapbooking requires. When I started digital scrapbooking, I already had a freelance graphic design business that I was running from home, so I made the natural transition into designing. I was selling my scrapbook designs from January 2007 until April of 2009 when my second son was born and I no longer had enough free time to devote to designing in order to effectively run my business. I’ve really enjoyed getting back into scrapping and am so excited to have found such a creatively rewarding way to document my family’s life.
5 PRODUCTS I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT:
1. Strings and ribbons of any sort. I almost always include some in my LO’s because I love the added texture, and they’re great to use for defining edges, layering, or just accenting my pages.
2. Picasa. I’m not sure if this actually counts as a “product”, but my computer would be a mess without it. It’s so easy to choose what pictures I want to work with, and I’m slowly working on getting all of my scrapbooking stash tagged so I can find things more easily.
3. Jenn Barrette’s “Get Real” Drop Shadows. These shadows really speed up my scrapping, and there’s a great variety included in the set, depending on what type of element you’re using.
4. My Four Hens Photo Actions. These are so fun to play with, and really such an easy way to enhance your photos.
5. Stamped alphas. I love using these for titles, or blended into backgrounds for added interest. My favorite “go-to” one is Stamp my ABC’s by Brittish Designs.
MY STYLE: That’s a good question! I think my style leans more towards resembling paper scrapping, although I do love blended photos and photo extractions, so I’m not really sure how I would classify my style.
MY SCRAPPING IDOL(S): I don’t have any one particular scrapper that I idolize, but there are a ton of different scrappers that I’ve added to my favorites, and love to stalk their galleries and oogle at their latest LO’s.
WHY I AM EXCITED TO BE ON THE TEAM: I have been following The Daily Digi from the very beginning, and absolutely love the wealth of information, and inspiration. The Digi Files are the best deal out there, and I love being able to work with such a variety of design styles and such talented artists.
MY FAVORITE LAYOUT: Happy Day is my current favorite LO. It has a combination of all of my favorite techniques to include in LO’s (extraction, blending, and rounded photo corners), not to mention my adorable little baby turning 1!