Image from Wacom.com
I don’t know too many digital scrapbookers that don’t, at one time or another, want a pen tablet. They are a lot of fun, but can also be frustrating to get the hang of. One of the things that I love about using my tablet, is how I can suddenly feel and maybe even look, like an artist when using the right programs (listen to the discussion in Paperclipping Digi #1).
I did some digging and found some great resources for those of you that are wanting to learn how to use a tablet:
- Penscrappers are a group of very talented digital scrapbookers and designers that also use tablets. They have posted many tutorials on the Penscrappers site all about different aspects of using a tablet and many other things as well.
- Lynda (one of my favorite sites to learn new things) has a free video about beginning photo retouching using a Wacom tablet. As well as many other paid tutorials (Lynda is a membership site and well worth the money…these are NOT affiliate links)
- JessicaSprague.com has a class starting in August (it is 20% off through June 20th). The class will work with PSE 5,6,7,8 and PSCS2, PSCS3, PSCS4. It starts August 9th.
- Sara Horton has an e-book at all about the basics of using a tablet with PSE and PS.
- Digital Scrapbook Place has tutorials on Pen Pressure with Your Tablet and Customizing Your Bamboo Tablet Settings.
For those of you that do not have tablets, you might be wondering if it’s necessary. I know when I first started digital scrapbooking, I thought a tablet was a needed tool. They are not necessarily needed. A lot of digi scrappers that have wrist problems associated with mouse usage do prefer to use a pen and tablet for everything on their computer. They do make it much easier to draw and use drawing type programs (vector programs as well as ArtRage). So, I guess it depends on what you plan to do and how you want to do it, if a pen tablet is high on the priority list. No matter what, they are a lot of FUN!
P.S. Michelle was our random winner chosen from the comments left yesterday for Jennifer, Michelle said: LOVED Jenn’s contribution this month. I think Growth Spurt would be a great kit right now-I think my kids must be part plant as the sunshine seems to be making them grow! Thanks for the coupon and chance to win! Check your inbox!