I just wanted to say thank you to the almost 600 people who have already answered our survey. I can’t tell you how much it helps us…to know where we are on the right track, to know where we need to improve, and to know what it is YOU want to see. As I have read through some of them there were a lot of moments of, “Yes, I totally agree. Glad we are working on that,” as well as, “Oh wow, I never would have noticed that. Glad you said something!” It is so good to hear what people really think and I am thankful that everything I have read so far has been praise and constructive criticism. We really appreciate it.
There is no real closing date on the survey but we will be pouring over the results in the next few weeks so we can dream big and start implementing some changes. We really want the site to be the best it can be.
Even before we put the survey out, we noticed some changes that needed to take place. I wanted to share a few of those with you. I am sure there will be more in the coming weeks. However, even with the changes and the tweaking of some things, the vision is the same. Here is what we are starting to implement:
- THE DIGI FILES will now be sold on a monthly basis, starting from the first of the month and continuing until the last day of the month. This change is for various reasons and we believe that it is the best choice overall. That said, THE DIGI FILES 4 will be available starting May 1. TDF3 will still come down on April 15th as advertised. But don’t worry, if you need to fill the two week void…
- THE DAILY DIGI is thrilled to announce the opening of a store that, in addition to THE DIGI FILES, will sell a small selection of other products. I have missed making templates so much that I just couldn’t resist the opportunity to start selling again. There will also be a few other designers and products, so keep your eyes open. Things are in process and should open in the next few days.
- The opening of the store will in no way change the vision and purpose of THE DAILY DIGI site. The daily site won’t be showing all the new products in the store, announcing sales, etc. The store is just a small part of what the site wants to do and will function somewhat independently of the site. The store will be looking to bring you products that will help you in your scrapping process…not just encourage you to buy more “stuff.”
- We will be announcing some new team positions opening up for THE DAILY DIGI. We will be adding an artistic and creative team, some staff writers, and possibly a few others. Keep your eyes peeled for more info in the coming weeks.
- We will be adding a designer information and application process. If designers are interesting in being spotlighted at THE DAILY DIGI, we will be taking interested applicants and offering invitations to those we feel are a good fit for the site.
- Because we want to be a great source of information about life in the digi world, we are exploring ways of getting more information about sales, cool stuff other sites are doing, etc. in a way that will not interfere with the main site.
- One of my original visions of the site was to have a place that brought the best of what was already “out there” and bring it to you so you didn’t have to go looking for it. This is one area that I feel like we have not measured up and I am excited to start focusing more on showing you the amazing stuff that is being written, explained, designed, and demonstrated on other sites. The digi world is a wealth of information and inspiration. I want to tap into it more.
So there you have it…the beginning of change and growth. We hope to continue to bring you the best information and inspiration…each and every day!