I was introduced to Syrin via Janet’s stitches on her layouts a while back! I kept admiring them and decided I needed some! Not only do I love Syrin’s stitches, I love all of her designs, and she is a pretty funny lady too! 🙂 We are happy to have her with us this month! Let’s take a look at what she contributed to THE DIGI FILES this month:
Here are some layouts by our team using Syrin’s products:
Syrin made me laugh right out loud when I read her bio because she told me to fix her “’Norwenglish’ (as we often call it over at CatScrap), 😉 Just don’t change the number of kids and things like that” 😀
Name: Syrin in digiland, but Kjersti when I’m offline
Hometown: Close to Bergen, westcoast of Norway, Scandinavia
Family: Husband and two children; a girl who is 6 and a boy who is 4
In 2005 Catrine at CatScrap challenged me to make a paper. Neither of us were designers back then; we were just new scrappers, eager to learn. I remember searching for tutorials to figure out how to make papers, and found it very hard in the beginning! That was the start of it all. I just loved the creative process, and the kick you get when you see scrappers use your stuff. I still get that feeling.
That one is hard; I have many favorite elements and papers, but they are in different kits. If I have to choose one product, it has to be Alpha without borders. I’m really pleased with with how they look, and they also have all the characters you need to type in most languages, even Icelandic! Any profit is donated to Doctors Without Borders.
1) Obviously my family, being with them, laughing with them and just relaxing.
2) Cooking and making dinner for a group of friends with their families. The whole process makes me happy.
3) Early mornings, working from home in my kitchen, kids away, husband at work, caffe latte in my cup.
4) Fire in the fireplace (I need one)(and I will get one)
6) Having time to be alone now and then
7) Questions with no answer
8) Watching stars and seeing the milky way (we need more places with no street lights!)
9) Learning new things, especially about biology, nature and history
10) Watching movies with my husband
1) Bare feet (I just can’t stand them)
2) People on the bus who talk LOUD and clear about anything, either in the phone, or to the friend next to them. I’ve learned to listen to books to prevent audio invasions like that.
3) When people think that reality is black or white
4) Spiders. It is so silly, but I can’t help it
5) When people don’t have a passion or strong interest. I don’t care what the passion or interest is
6) Gymnastics, or any sport, if I have to do it myself. I will happily watch others and cheer for my team!
7) Parties I have to go to. I really, really just find it boring
8) When the towel keeps falling down from the hook
9) Mass media that spread fear rather then enlighten people
10) Those who just want bread and circuses
Here are a few of my favorite products by Syrin:
A huge THANKS to Syrin for being here this month!! We appreciate you sharing your talents and humor with us! As a THANKS to our readers, Syrin has a discount coupon for all of us to do a little shopping: