I love fresh starts! I always loved the first day of school, first chapters of books, the first morning light. When something new starts there is a feeling of renewal, of freshness, of opportunity, and of dreams come true.
As we enjoy the fresh start of a new year, I want to introduce another kind of fresh start. I want to show you a dream I have for a fresh approach to the way we do digi. The Daily Digi (TDD) wants to usher in a wave of freshness, of newness, and of fun and scrappiness.
After a few years of spending too much time online, there came a day when I just stopped. I just stopped surfing the net, stopped participating in message boards, stopped eyeing all the galleries. It wasn’t because of a lack of desire — these are all great places to “hang out” and my passion for scrapping was still strong. Instead, it came from a desire to spend less time in front of a computer and more time in front of the people I love.
The problem was, as much as I loved the break from the computer screen, I realized I was missing out on a lot of really cool stuff! It was from the message boards, galleries, and blog-hopping that I learned so much over the past few years! It was in these places that I learned to scrap, that I learned how to use my camera better, and that I found out about the many, many amazing designers and scrappers in the digital community. I didn’t want to be tied to my computer all day and yet I didn’t want to miss out on so much great information and inspiration!And one day I had a thought. That thought turned into a dream. And now that dream has become a reality.
THE DAILY DIGI is going to be a place full of inspiration, information, and ideas that will come in easily digestible amounts. In ten minutes or less each day you will find tips, tools, and tricks to help you in this digital age we live in. I want you to feel inspired, to feel challenged, AND to feel the freedom to step away from the computer and start doing all those things that you have been dreaming of in your heart.
So there you have it…a wave of freshness to the way we approach digital scrapbooking and the community that loves it. I want to seek out and find the very best that the “digi world” has to offer and bring it to people in the forms of daily posts. Each day (at approximately 7:00 am EST/EDT) TDD will post great information and inspiration. Although the posts and content will vary tremendously, we will be focusing on these main categories:
- Check it Out: products, sites, and information you don’t want to miss!
- Computer Tips and Tricks: anything from keyboard shortcuts and shadowing vellum to defragging your hard drive
- Crafty Corner: cool ways to use your digital scrapbooking supplies for crafting and home decor
- Holiday Happenings: special focus on holiday products, events, crafts, and gift ideas
- Hybrid Help: where pixels meet paper and us digi gals learn to get our hands dirty!
- Just for Beginners: information geared towards digital newbies
- More with 4: a cool product challenge that helps us grow our creativity with simplicity of product
- Photography Class: artistic and technical info to help you capture on your camera what you see in your heart
- Sponsor Spotlight: shining the light on great digital designers in the community
- The UN-digi: the place for all things worth mentioning that aren’t necessarily about digital scrapbooking
- The Write Way: finding the stories in our hearts and getting them onto our layouts
- Truly Inspirational: be inspired with the art of the talented digital community
In addition to all of the great information mentioned above, each month we will bring you THE DIGI FILES. This “grab bag” of sorts will be filled with new and never-before released products from a variety of designers from around the digital community. THE DIGI FILES will allow you to sample new-to-you designers as well as getting new product from the designers you already love. Watch for more information as we approach January 15 and the THE DIGI FILES debut!
Over the next two weeks (January 1-14) we will be slowly introducing the site and the vision behind it. You will get to read a little more about the categories we will be focusing on and see sample posts. January 15 will launch the “regular” posts, the DIGI FILES, the sponsor spotlights, and a whole bunch of fun and prizes. Check back here every morning to find out about all the amazing things we have planned. And while you are here, be sure to check out our amazing team, our beginner section (that will continue to grow!), and ways that YOU can be involved in the site!
Wishing you a fresh start to a new year and a new way to do digi.