If you like technology, chances are you’ve found some games and apps that are just for fun. Nothing wrong with that – everyone needs some play time! With easy access to entertaining material on computers, tablets, and smartphones, there are a lot of great options out there. I thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite games and apps and even talk about a few that our kids like as well. After all, many of us share our devices with our kids!
- Minion Rush (I’m addicted to this silly game!)
- Mancala – great for when I need something mindless to help me get to sleep
My kids love:
- Candy Crush Apple & Google
- Garden Mania Apple & Google
- Words with Friends
- Fruit Ninja
- Paper 53
- Ticket to Ride
- Boggle – I love this game in real life, so the app version is perfect for me. Available for Apple & Google.
- Outworded – A timed word search game. It’s the perfect thing to do when I need a mental break.
- Songza – I love the curated playlists. So much good music to fit any mood!
- Devour app – Each day the editors at Devour select a handful of really amazing videos to share.
My kids love:
- Star Wars Angry Birds
- Hooked on Phonics app
- Game of Life app – Apple & Google
- PBS Play and Learn app
- Carrot – a fun and slightly strange alarm to wake you up in the morning.
- Wunderlist – for things to remember (Ronnie also loves this one)
- Mailbox – to read and archive email
Human – to track your movements outside, giving a thumbs up if you’ll walk/run/bike for 30 minutes a day
Notability – to write and draw
Lumosity – fun games to give your brain a workout (I’ve only used that one on a iPad)
TED – to watch videos Apple & Google
Other Team Favorites:
- What’s the Phrase? Apple & Google
- Urban Spoon
- Where’s My Water?
- Where’s My Perry?
- Where’s My Mickey?
How about you? What apps and games do you turn to when you want to have fun? We’d love to know!