BIO: A graphic designer by trade, I attempted computer scrapbooking as early as the late 90s. However, my “simple” and “clipart-style” pages didn’t satisfy me. I tried paper-scrapbooking and it was clear I had very little paper talent and a dislike for glue. I always called myself a designer and not an artist because I have very little drawing, painting or crafting ability. Finally in 2006, I stumbled across a free kit by The Shabby Princess and I was stunned by what I saw. For the first time in my life, I felt like I could really express myself artistically despite my limitations! In 2007, I began selling templates and kits, but soon found out that I loved to create actions and other tools to help digi scrappers make the most of their time. I currently sell my products and assist with customer service at Scrapbookgraphics.
5 PRODUCTS I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT:
- Lightroom templates (the only way I can scrap these days)
- Shadow Styles: I use my shadow styles on every page I do. I could spend more time on them to make the more realistic, but since time is always a challenge, styles are the easy way.
- New Kits. I am a collector and hoarder of digital kits. I know I am spoiled to have access to all the goodies at Scrapbookgraphics and of course, the Digi Files. I’m addicted the newest, latest thing to scrap with.
- Photobook Actions. I have all my layouts printed into bound albums. I make good use of all my photobook overlays, templates and actions to prepare my books for printing.
- Alpha Titles made with Anna Forrest’s Title Builder: I love using a coordinating alpha on most pages. If a kit doesn’t come with one, more often than not, I’ll find a neutral-colored one from another kit. Or, even find one I love and recolor it. And, the title builder is so easy to use. Just type in your phrase, choose one or more alphas and let it build the word for you.
MY STYLE: Cluttered. My pages are like my life. Packed full! I love to include as many beautiful creations on a page as I can. I’m not a great clusterer, so maybe messy is a better description. I also do some simpler pages, usually when I’m scrapping with templates or doing themed albums. However, I just cannot resist those beautifully-crafted elements designers create, and so I end up piling on as many as I can, hopefully in support of the overall page and not to it’s demise!
WHY I AM EXCITED TO BE ON THE TEAM: The Daily Digi is a special and unique place…from the education and inspiration, to cutting edge technology and passion for excellence, to the amazing opportunity to sample so many wonderful designers. I’m honored to serve behind the scenes to help provide such awesomeness.
MY FAVORITE LAYOUT:
I love this page mainly because of the gorgeous paper by Diane Rigdon. It was so perfect for this special colorized photograph of my late grandmother. It’s simpler than most pages I do, but to me it is a special work of art.