the Ettes Fab 4th, Fontologie Printing Primer font
If you live in the United States or Canada, you probably have a memory card full of festive photos from recent patriotic celebrations. Canada Day was on July 1st and America’s Independence Day was on July 4th. This is the perfect time to scrap those holiday memories so I (Katie) thought it would be fun to share some layouts and ideas with you. Even if you live in another part of the world, you can use this inspiration to help you document your feelings about your own country.
Patriotic pages don’t have to be centered around specific holidays. Many of us have photos of national monuments, museums, and memorials to scrap.
Layout by Wendyzine. Rosey Posey’s Independence kit.
Use the colors of your flag to adorn your national pride layouts – it’s a great way to emphasize the theme!
Layout by Heddy. OH CANADA kit by Miss Mint (Peppermint Creative). Page template by Ingrid Fasquelle (Peppermint Creative)
Capture the official uniforms, tourist sites, and icons of your country.
Layout by Tara. Template #24 from 25 days of templates – By Tiffany Tillman. Elements (leaves keytag) from KTeague Oh Canada kit at Two Peas. Papers from In good Company collab by paislee press and designs by Lenora (Oscraps)
Be sure to document the way you celebrate the national holidays!
It’s also perfectly OK to use patriotic themed products to scrap any type of page!
Layout by Lauren. Template – transformers 9 by lauren reid, old glory alpha by lauren reid papers, chunky frame, swirls, paint, jewels – blue skies blue by fruitloop sally, star stamps – 4th of july stamps by jenna desai
Here’s a list of inspirational ideas to help you scrap about your country:
- What are the most well-known tourist destinations in your country, and why? Have you been to any of them?
- What kind of government runs your country? How are they chosen/elected?
- What makes your country unique? What’s good/bad about your country?
- Tell about the history of your country and what sticks out to you the most when you study about it.
- Are there patriotic holidays? Do you observe them? How do you celebrate?
- What are the colors of your flag?
- How do you feel about your country of origin?
- Do you still live in your country of origin? Why or why not?
- Do you consider yourself to be patriotic?
If you still want even MORE inspiration, be sure to check out these posts:
P.S. Jenna was the random winner chosen from yesterday’s comments and won $10 in product from Studio Rosey Posey. Thanks to everyone that participated!