Just over a year and a half ago, I wrote a post about Google Calendar. I thought I would do another post today and share just what I love about it and why I think everyone should use it!
- I love that I can set up several “calendars” with a different purpose and view them all in one place.
- I can assign each calendar a different color.
- I can invite anyone I want to view and/or edit the each calendar. For example:
- Each of my kids have their own calendar and color that my husband can view.
- I have a Daily Digi posting calendar with its’ own color that I share with Katie.
- I have a birthday reminder calendar that I share with my sisters and parents. I set it up and invited everyone and asked them to add their own family members birthdays to it.
- I have a birthday reminder calendar that I share with my husband’s parents, siblings, and spouses. I did the same thing with his family and asked them each to add their own family members birthdays.
- I am currently working on a calendar to share with people that I work with on projects at church.
- I can access my calendar from any computer, my phone, and my iPad.
- I can set up my calendar to email me and text me reminders at any interval I want. I have the birthdays set up to remind me two days before. I have my kids and my personal calendars set up to remind me 30-60 minutes before an event takes place.
- I can add public calendars, such as Google’s weather calendar and holiday calendar.
- I can set up events to repeat as often as I need them to.
- You can even invite people to attend events and send them automatic reminders (I tried this a couple of years ago and it didn’t always work).
- In true Google fashion, there are lots of fun labs you can add to your calendar to increase the functionality.
- It’s all FREE!
If you don’t use Google Calendars, you might want to sign up and get scheduling. If you are already using Google Calendars, do you have a favorite feature I forgot? Share it in the comments!