Are you looking for a way to make journaling easier and more fun? Well, I (Katie) have a great idea for you. Have you heard of memes? Sometimes they are called “quizzes” or “prompts” in the scrapbooking world. Basically, they are sets of questions or ideas that you can copy and paste to your own blog (or scrapbook page!) and fill in your own personalized responses. They are a great way to come up with some journaling and you can even have friends and family members fill out their own copies for more material to use!
Here are some of our favorite resources for Memes, Quizzes, and Prompts:
- 119 Prompts for your Journal Jar – TONS of ideas here!
- Creative Writing Prompt – Point your cursor to a number to see the prompt, then write your story.
- The Daily Meme – The posts on this site are often thought-provoking topics to get you writing.
- Daily Writing Prompts from Dee Phipps – A different idea each day.
- Ella Publishing Quick and Creative Quizzes ($5.99 pdf idea book)
- Journaling Prompts – Click on the little start to read each individual prompt.
- Other blogs and facebook. Just keep your eye out for these types of posts and use them for yourself.
I also have a category on my own blog just for quizzes and memes. I love to add images and photos to mine. It makes it super easy to turn it into a scrapbook page later! Want to see how I turned this blog meme about Growing up in the 80’s into a scrapbook page?
Background template by Scrapping with Liz, Solid papers by Suzy Q Scraps, Button by Natalie Braxton, Frames by Two Shutter Sisters, Font is CK Jot.
I only included the relevant statements on my scrapbook page. The journaling is the focus of the page and all I had to do was copy and paste it from my blog. I added my photos around it and kept them small since many were images from the web, Those usually print up just fine if you keep them small in size.
This is a scrapbook page that has very meaningful information about me and documents an interesting time in my history. Best of all, it was fun and easy to do! I hope you will give this type of journaling a try!