Layout by Rachael using Funland by Dani M and Jaque Larsen
Layout by Jackie using Fresh Lemonade at Little Dreamer
Layout by Jackie using County Fair by Emily Merrit
Layout by Amy W: credits
Layout by Karen, supplies: Dani Mogstad and Jacque Larsen Fun Land kit; Lauren Reid Quirky Edges; Designs by Lili alpha; Fontologie Giggles font; Pea Miss Staker font; Design inspired by paper scrapper Kelly Purkey
Layout by Katie using: Janet Phillips Template from The Digi Files 12 (Feb 2010) Easily Amused by Traci Reed. Alpha by Lisa Whitney. Font is CK journaling.
When we visit a theme park or a fair, we tend to take a lot of photos and the challenge of scrapping the event can be overwhelming! I know have struggled with this in my own scrapbooking. I wanted to put together some useful tips, so when you come back from having a good time with the people you love, you will be ready to SCRAP (these are all things that are shown in the sample layouts above and below)!
- Janet has some great tips in this post about scrapping big events.
- Give yourself permission to delete photos.
- Allow yourself to create just one or two, two-page spreads about the event.
- Make a list if the things you remember most from the trip and scrap those (be sure to ask for input from others that were there with you) and don’t worry about the rest.
- Grab high resolution photos of things you may have missed from photo sharing sites who state in their TOU that they permit it (photobucket is one and they have download/share buttons on the images). For WDW, Heather Lord shared this site on her blog. (see my Nemo layout below).
- Check out this Flickr Disney Digital Scrapbooking group for inspiration.
- Check out familybees’ Flickr gallery for some awesome inspiration (I found her Disney layouts when she posted them to The Daily Digi Flickr Group).
- Make Kim’s TRAVEL JOURNAL before you go (it should only take a couple of hours to put together, less if you use the printable version) and then use that as your guideline for what to scrap after you come home.
- A reader added this resource in the comments to this post, but I don’t want you to miss it! MouseScrappers is a site dedicated to scrapbooking Disney vacations. They have a lot of resources and ideas!
Layout by Steph using Itty Bitty Fishy by Amanda Heimann and Wild Dandelions template by Scrapping with Liz; fonts are Wiggle Worm (title) and Traveling Typewriter
I went all over digiland and found some awesome products for you to use! Some of these were chosen based on color, not theme (I do that a lot). It’s always good to keep your mind and options open when looking at a kit! If I missed one of your favorites, feel free to link us up the comments!
Lots of the items in the MAY BYOC at THE LILYPAD this month would work. Here are a couple:
I hope that helps give you some ideas and inspiration! Have fun scrapping these memorable excursions!!