I can totally relate to one of yesterday’s layouts! A good cup of hot cocoa just makes Christmas and winter feel real. There is nothing like coming in from the cold to a nice cup of hot cocoa! It just warms your insides as the fire warms your outsides!
When I was living in India after we first go married, I REALLY missed hot cocoa. We weren’t able to get any western food and like all other things, I was forced to make my own. I loved doing it so much that I started making it for gifts. It was the perfect thing to put in a jar, wrap a ribbon around, and bring to a dinner at a friend’s house. Since that time, I have used a number of different recipes and this is definitely my favorite! Give it a try…and make some for a friend!
BELIEVE kit by Shabby Princess, photo from web, font is CK Typist
- 6 1/2 cups powdered milk
- 1 (5 ounce) package non-instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup powdered chocolate drink mix
- 1/2 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, combine powdered milk, chocolate pudding mix, chocolate drink mix powder, creamer, confectioners’ sugar, and cocoa. Divide the mixture between two 1 quart jars. Seal, and decorate as desired. These can be stored in a dry area for up to 3 months.
- Attach a tag with the following instructions: Hot Cocoa: Dissolve 1/3 cup cocoa mix in 1 cup boiling water. Top with whipped cream and chocolate sauce!